Information We Collect & How We Use It
In order to operate our Applications and to provide our services, we may collect certain information from you, which may contain personally identifiable information, including:
- • Information About You: When you create an account with our Applications we will ask you for (and you must provide) your full name, email address, and at least one category of information that you are an “expert” in (“Expertise Category”). In addition, when you create an account we will ask you to create a password for your account (your email address will be your login name for the Applications). We may also ask you to voluntarily provide your gender, date or birth, and how often you would like to receive emails with questions applicable to your Expertise Category. This information may be used to: 1. To provide our services to you, to communicate with you concerning your account, and for other customer service purposes. 2. To improve our software and services by providing personalized experiences and recommendations, location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your and other customers’ usage of our services. 3. To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising. 4. To better understand how users access and use our services, including our Applications and advertising, on an aggregated and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our services, and to respond to customer desires and preferences.
- • Information We Collect Automatically and Location Data: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, including location data from your mobile device, if you decide to give this information to us (opt-in). For example, if you decide to give us your location, your mobile device will communicate your location to our servers which may result in us displaying specific or localized content and advertisements that you may be interested in based on the geographic location of your hand-held device. We may use the information gathered through these methods in anonymous or aggregated form to analyze ways to improve our services. We do not combine this location information with personally identifiable information about you unless you have established a Doozy user account. If you have a Doozy user account, your location may be combined with the information you provided to Doozy when establishing that user account, including your full name, email address, password, date of birth, gender, and Expertise Category.
We may also automatically (and without your opt-in consent) collect your mobile device’s permanent device identifier. We may use this information in anonymous form to analyze the functionality of the Applications and to improve our services. We do not combine this information with any user account or other personally identifiable information.
User expertise is inherent to the ability of the community to route queries
to the best possible members with knowledge in the desired category.
None of the information is shared with third parties.
Legal Disclaimer: Pupil reserves the right to disclose any personal information
as required by law to protect its rights.
How We Share Information
We share customer information only as compatible with the purposes described above, when we have your permission, or as described in this section.
- • Doozy Subsidiaries: We may share your information with subsidiaries and affiliates that we own or control but only if those entities are either subject to this policy or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this policy.
- • Contractors and Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf for purposes within the ordinary course of business. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions on our behalf. We require these companies to agree (1) to provide adequate protections for your personal information that are no less protective than those set out in this policy and (2) to use your personal information only for the purposes for which the third party has been engaged by us. We are not liable for the acts or omissions of these third parties, except as provided by applicable law.
- • Jointly Offered Products and Services: From time to time we may offer products or services jointly with another entity, or may offer an additional product or service from another entity that in some way enhances or is related to a Doozy service. For example, Doozy may partner with third parties to offer coupons related to your Expertise Category, and in order to provide you with such coupons Doozy would have to share the information you provide to Doozy, such as your full name, email address, and Expertise Category, to provide that coupon.
- • Non-United States Residents: Data collected from users outside the United States will be stored at a destination in the United States. By submitting any information to us, you agree to this storage and processing of data as described in this Section 6. European residents should note the data protection laws in countries outside the European Union, including the United States, may not be equal to the level of data protection under European Union – or European Economic Area – member state law. However, Doozy will take reasonable measures to ensure an adequate level of protection of the personal data in its possession, as described more fully below.
We may send you e-mails about Doozy Applications or other services we think may interest you. You can opt-out of receiving these email messages by sending an email to email@example.com or by following the opt-out instructions contained within such email. You may also send mail to:
321 La Mesa Dr
Portola Valley, CA 94028
Your Location Information
If you use the Applications and agree to share your location information, your location information may be sent by Doozy to third party providers that are used to facilitate the Doozy service and advertisers in ad-supported versions of the Applications (in the case of ad-supported versions, only your approximate location is shared).
On your mobile device, the first time you attempt to use the Application, you will be prompted to approve or deny the Applications’ access to your device’s GPS functionality. If you disable the location services feature (which you may do the first time you attempt to use the Application or in the future by adjusting your mobile device’s settings), neither Doozy nor its advertisers can access your location data.
That said, Doozy will continue to collect your mobile device’s permanent device identifier. We do not combine this information with any personally identifiable information, but we may use this information in anonymous form to analyze the functionality of the Applications and to improve our services.
We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. That said, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your mobile device.
Doozy does not knowingly collect personal information from and does not target the Application to children under the age 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally-identifying information, we will remove it from our systems immediately.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our services or would like to make a complaint, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
321 La Mesa Dr
Portola Valley, CA 94028